There are very strong indications that skipper Joseph Yobo would be recalled by Nigeria for a hectic schedule in June.
On Thursday, the 32-year-old Fenerbache defender was again overlooked by coach Stephen Keshi from a 30-man squad for a friendly against Mexico, two 2014 World Cup qualifiers as well as the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup in Brazil.
However, MTNFootball.com has again scooped that the record-capped Yobo is now most likely to be included in the party as part of a fence-mending measure with Keshi after he was first snubbed for last month’s World Cup qualifier against Kenya.
“Everything points to Yobo being recalled to the team as part of moves to restore harmony and understanding in the team,” a top official told MTNFootball.com
Member of the technical committee of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Paul Bassey, has already hinted the 30-man squad announced by Keshi would be tinkered with at a meeting in the coming week. ?
“There may be plus or minus two players on the list released by Keshi when we meet next week.
We are also going to talk on resolving the crisis between the coach and some of his players like Osaze (Odemwingie), (Emmanuel) Emenike and Yobo,” Paul Bassey said.