Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari has confirmed Mr. Sunday Dare as the Minister for Youth and Sports.
Mr Dare, who is currently the executive commissioner in charge of stakeholders management at the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), was confirmed alongside 42 others.
The new sports minister is a veteran Nigerian journalist who has worked in diverse aspects of the media, they include broadcasting (TV and radio), journalism (electronic and print), and decades of multimedia journalism experience spanning over 25 years.
- Born 29 May 1966 (age 53 years)
- From Oyo state
- Had his secondary school education at Baptist High School in Jos; a city in the Middle Belt of Nigeria from 1978 to 1983.
- Studied for an Advanced Level education at Oyo State College of Arts and Science, Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
- Gained admission to Ahmadu Bello University where he graduated with a Bachelor of Science (BSc) honours in International Studies in 1991.
- Obtained a Master of Arts (MA) in Law and Diplomacy from the University of Jos, Plateau state Nigeria in 1996.